WIN* your story illustrated by Terry Denton
To celebrate the release of every book in Andy Griffiths’ Treehouse series, Dymocks and Pan Macmillan have been inviting Australian kids to get creative and enter our national writing competition that is judged by the man himself, the one and only Andy Griffiths.
We know how many Australian kids love Andy’s stories and we know that getting them involved in something like this is a sure way to nurture their love of reading.
So once again, and to celebrate the release of The 52-Storey Treehouse, we are reaching out to the talented kids of Australia to blow our socks off with their incredible short stories.
The one, super-lucky winner will have their story illustrated by Terry Denton, framed and presented to them at their school by Andy Griffiths. Plus the top 10 entries (including the winner) will each WIN an Andy Griffiths book pack containing 15 books!
Entries may be emailed to:
With “Andy Griffiths Writing Competition” in subject line,
or mailed to:
Level 6, 428 George Street,
Sydney NSW 2000.
(Original hard copy materials will not be returned).
Entry is open to primary school students aged 6-12 years who are residents of Australia
Entries due by Tuesday 14 October 2014
Winners will be announced by Friday 25 November 2014
01. Information on how to enter and on the prizes form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
02. Promotion commences 12 August 2014 and entries are due by Tuesday 14 October 2014.
03. Entry is open to primary school students aged 6-12 years who are residents of Australia and only one entry per person will be accepted. All entries must be accompanied by the consent of a parent or guardian to the entry and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
04. Dymocks reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winners and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of Dymocks, whose decision is final. Dymocks reserves the right to disqualify any individual who is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion.
05. Word length eligible for entry into the competition is 200-500 words. The judges reserve the right to reject work exceeding the word length.
06. The story must be based on the theme – ‘Living in a Treehouse’.
07. Entries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Andy Griffiths Writing Competition” in the subject heading, or mailed to: Dymocks Booklover, Level 6, 428 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Please note: original hard copy materials will not be returned.
08. All entries must include the entrants Name, Address, telephone number, age and email address (if available). No updated or revised versions of entries will be considered after initial entry. Dymocks will only accept one entry per person.
09. Dymocks accepts no responsibility for entries not received due to any technical problems.
10. The winner will be judged by Australian author Andy Griffiths and have their entry illustrated by Terry Denton. All decisions by the judge are final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner will be announced by Friday 25 November 2014 and entrants will be advised via email of the winners.
12. Andy will present the winning entrant’s framed illustrated story to their school, early 2015 at a mutually convenient time between the Promoter and the winner.
13. The top 10 entries including the winner will each win an Andy Griffiths book pack containing 15 books each.
14. Copyright will remain with the entrant but Dymocks and any third party authorised by Dymocks may, for any purpose, reproduce any work submitted for entry at any point in the future in hard copy, performance readings, adaptations and electronic media. To the extent necessary each entrant is deemed to have granted to Dymocks a non-exclusive, irrevocable and perpetual fee free licence to reproduce the entrant’s work. The entrant, or where the entrant is under the age of 18, the entrant’s parent or legal guardian, agrees to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this assignment. To the extent permitted by applicable law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in any materials submitted as part of their entry and waive all moral rights in such materials
15. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Copying an existing poem/story is called plagiarising and it is against the law. If plagiarism occurs, the entrant will be disqualified. Dymocks will not be held responsible for any plagiarised work entered into the competition.
16. Dymocks reserves the right to disqualify unsuitable entries.
17.If insufficient entries have been received in the opinion of the promoter, Dymocks reserves the right to cancel the competition.
18.Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice and their entry in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
19. The Promoter is Dymocks Franchise Systems (NSW) Pty Ltd ABN 73 002 989 862 of Level 6, 428 George Street, Sydney NSW, Australia 2000, telephone 02 9224 0411.